Join us for Hoboken's Polynesian Race and Festival at Maxwell Place Park on Saturday, July 25, 2020!* Ke Aloha Outrigger is proud to partner with Hoboken Cove Community Boathouse for this unique event on the Hudson River.
Paddler Information including race course, divisions, schedule and registration for the Hudson River Cup.
The Ohana Festival will be on hiatus for the 2020 season due to Covid-19 social distancing restrictions.
Ke Aloha Outrigger is pleased to present the first outrigger canoe, SUP and sea kayak races of their kind on the Hudson River along the Hoboken Shore. We welcome elite and experienced paddlers willing to take on the challenge of the Hudson River and New York Harbor against the dramatic backdrop of the Manhattan and Jersey City Skyline against the shadow of the Statue of Liberty.
10-mile Liberty Course
OC1/OC2, Surfski and Coastal Rowing Shells
out and back to the Statue of Liberty
4-Mile Hudson Course
Stand-up Paddleboards and Kayaks
out and back to Jersey City
Race Schedule . Saturday July 25, 2020*.
Times subject to change.
*Covid-19 Statement: Due to the evolving nature of the pandemic, we reserve the right to cancel this event up to one week in advance of the race day. In the event the race is canceled, registration fees will be refunded minus any processing fees. Until that decision is made, we are currently developing sanitation and social distancing guidelines following recommendations of the Center for Disease Control in order to minimize potential exposure to any of our athletes and volunteers. Guidelines will be published as soon as they are available.
TIME TBA - Unloading Watercraft at Hoboken Cove Community Boathouse
Athletes should follow the instructions below to get your watercraft to the race site.
Directions from Land
Once in Hoboken, take 12th Street or 14th Street east towards the Hudson River to the water.
Turn right on Sinatra Drive North and proceed to the Hoboken Cove Community Boathouse.
- Please park your car on the right side of the street only. This is a loading zone only so do not leave your car unattended more than you need to. A volunteer will meet you and provide you a parking pass to place on your dashboard and direct you to the staging area.
- Do not block the bike lane. Proceed with your craft to the staging area. Volunteers will be available to help you with your craft if needed.
- Once your craft is safely in the staging area, be sure to get a parking pass from our one of our volunteers or at the registration table before returning to your car.
- Proceed to the parking area to free up the loading zone for other athletes to unload their craft.
Directions from Water
Hoboken Cove is located in Maxwell Place Park a few piers south of Hoboken Pier 13.
- Once you get to our beach, please bring your craft up the ramp to the staging area. Volunteers will be available to point you to the staging area and help you as needed.
- Once your craft is safely in the staging area, please proceed to the Check-in desk at the boathouse.
TIME TBA - Athlete Parking
To be announced.
TIME TBA - Checking in for the Race
The Check-in table is located at the Hoboken Cove Community Boathouse. Please check in to receive your race number for your craft and wrist tag. If you have not already done so, please fill out the Hoboken Cove Community Boathouse Online Waiver.
TIME TBA - Race Orientation Meeting
All athletes must attend the Race Orientation Meeting to be held on the lawn next to the Hoboken Cove Community Boathouse. The race director will review tides, conditions, safety and race rules.
- All boat stickers should be mounted on the port (LEFT) side of your outrigger canoe, kayak or surfski so it is visible to the timers on land at the finish. For stand up paddlers, please stick it on the BACK of your PFD/shirt so it is clearly visible.
- All paddlers must go through a safety check by a race official. Safety check includes proper rigging, personal floatation device, hydration and whistle. Those who do not have these items will not be allowed to race.
- Once approved a race official, paddlers will be given a wristband to wear. That wristband will allow entry to the beach. Be sure to check in with the safety volunteer at the gate entering the beach with your name and race number. Athletes who fail to check-in or check-out will be disqualified.
- The race starts promptly at the end of the jetty at Maxwell Place Park.
Crossing the Finish Line
- Once you have crossed the finish line, please continue into the cove to the north of Maxwell Place Park to cool down and keep clear of the finish line.
- When you are ready, proceed back to the Hoboken Cove Beach. Be careful not to interfere with any athletes on the race course who are approaching the finish line.
Back on Land
- Once on the beach, please take your craft back to the staging area as quickly as possible to keep the beach clear. We will have volunteers available to help you.
- You must check out with the safety volunteer at the gate as you exit the beach or you will be disqualified.
The Awards Ceremony will be in front of Hoboken Cove Community Boathouse.
You may pick up your car anytime from the Stevens Institute Riverside Lot and proceed back to the loading zone at Hoboken Cove Community Boathouse on Sinatra Drive North to load your craft. Please keep the bike lane and road clear. Volunteers will be around to help you move your craft from the staging area to your car.
Due to the Covid-19 Pandemic and social distancing rules, the Hudson River Cup Ohana Festival will not operate for the 2020 Race.
The Hudson River Cup would not be possible without our sponsors and vendors.
If you are interested in becoming a sponsor for the Hudson River Cup,
please contact us at email@example.com.